Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Birchbox!

My first Birchbox came in the mail last week and I've finally found the time to write about it!

What is birchbox?
.  Birchbox is an online resource that allows you to sample different make up brands, features tip and tricks from experts, and lets you buy full sized versions of samples that you love.  Sounds awesome, doesnt it?! You can sign up here.  When I signed up, I was on a waiting list for about a month.  When it was my turn to sign up, I was emailed some log in information.  From there, I entered my credit card information (its $10 a month) and went through a short survey in order to understand my beauty needs a little better.  The questions asked about my skin type and color, hair type, and the best way to describe my make up style.  Its really important to fill this out because its used when your samples are chosen.

My samples:
This month's theme was Gossip Girl.  Being that I am slightly obsessed with that show, I was pretty excited!  I got:
  • Arquiste L'Etrog perfume
  • Dr Jart+ Water Fuse Beauty Balm SPF 25
  • Color Club Foil Collection
  • Beautyblender Blendercleanser
  • Twistband Skinny Headband
I loved the perfume!  It wasnt something I would've picked out on my own but it is one of my new favs!  Too bad at $165, it wont be something I'll own in the near future.  I already own a beauty balm but it will be nice to try one that is more expensive to see if it makes any difference.  I havent tried this yet and am perfectly content with the one I already own so I most likely would never order this.  I liked the nail polish color but I actually already own 3 different shades of gold so it wasnt anything new or necessary to come into my life.  The cleanser was probably my favorite item that came in my box.  I have never washed my make up brushes before (gross, I know!) so this was a nice little surprise.  It smelled great and didnt leave the bristles on my brushes stiff, something I was a bit worried about.  I would definately look into purchasing this.  Lastly, the headband.  It seems like no matter what I do, these dang things wont stay in my hair.  They slowly creep back and look funny.  I wont be using this but I'm sure I can hand it off to one of my friends.

The Verdict:
I want to give Birchbox one more month to impress me but so far, it hasnt done the job.  The samples were a lot smaller than I was expecting.  I just cant justify spending $10 on all these small objects.  Especially since half of them are products I already own.  Here's to hoping that next month will be better :)

No comments:

Post a Comment