Monday, May 21, 2012

I have a secret...

And the more I think of it, its a little gross...


I used to RARELY wash my face.  I would only wash it in the shower.  Which was only every other day.  So I would have 2 day old make up on it a lot of times.  And would just add more make up on top of that.  Its a surprise that my face isn't covered in acne.  I do, however, have more than my fair share of blackheads and clogged pores. 


Sometimes I would try to make washing my face a part of my nightly routine.  But after soaking my entire bathroom with water, I would give up.  It seemed more work than anything!  Not to mention soaking the floor, I would get myself all wet in the process as well.  Somehow, the water would run down my forearms and then splash my clothes as well.  Annoying.


Then, I heard of the Clarisonic.  Right away, I was hooked; it sounded like something I wanted to purchase right away.  I pondered the purchase for almost a month as its not a cheap purpose.  I wanted to make sure I was actually going to be using it before I forked out the cash.  Then, I did some research.: Clarisonic makes a couple different models.  There is the Clarisonic, the Clarisonic Mia, and the Mia 2.  The Mia is a smaller version of the original Clarisonic and the difference between the Mia and the Mia 2 is that the Mia 2 has 2 speeds, while the Mia only has 1.  After much deliberation, I went with the Clarisonic Mia (the cheapest of the 3) because I didn't think 2 speeds was really necessary and I'm always looking for ways to save space so I liked that it was smaller. 

It comes in a couple different colors and I chose the light green one.  When it arrived in the mail, I was so excited!  Then, to my disappointment, I read the manual and discovered that it needed to charge for 24 hours.  I plugged it into our bathroom and went about my evening.  Right before I went to bed, even though it had only been about 6 hours, I decided to try it and luckily, it worked!  And it was love at first use.  I like that its so easy to use and way less messy than washing my face traditionally.  It also leaves my face feeling much cleaner than it does when I just scrub it with my hands.  One last thing that I like about it is that it has a timer.  I get it wet, squirt on a dime-sized amount of Philosophy Purity, and turn it on.  I then move it around my face in small circles until it turns off (I believe its about one minute).  Ever since I bought the Clarisonic Mia, I have washed my face every night!  That in itself, in my opinion, makes it worth every penny I spent. 


No comments:

Post a Comment