Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Mint pants

Whats your opinion on colored jeans?? Personally, I have always been a fan of the style, I think they are so cute!  I have been holding out on buying a pair though.  For one reason, I live in Watertown, SD.  Not the most fashionable place on earth.  I don't like to wear crazy clothes because I don't feel like they really fit in around here.  Another reason is because I hate spending my money on fads.  I didn't want to purchase a pair of jeans that I could wear for one season and then they would be out of season- that's just crazy talk to me!
However, they are still around and have been since the fall.  I think its time I purchase a pair.  I had seen a couple of cute pairs on Pinterest, and they were a minty green color.  It was love at first sight.  However, each picture brought me to a link for expensive jeans.  I just cant justify spending a lot of money on these. 
Then, two weekends ago, I was in Target with my hubby and son looking for a birthday card for his grandma.  While waiting in line, I told them I would be right back, I wanted to see if any new jewelry had gone on clearance (like I need new jewelry in the first place.)  I checked out the jewelry for a little while and then made my way back to the check out lanes, only to find them deserted, my husband nowhere in sight.  I figured they must be looking at toys or something so I wandered to the clothes (once again, like I needed more clothes).  And then I saw them, in all their glory- a pair of mint, skinny jeans!! I needed to have those jeans.  I called my husband to let him know I would be in the fitting room.  However, to my horror, they were already in the car waiting for me and wanted me to hurry up and get out there.  How dare they check out and go outside before I'm ready?! I have a pair of earrings I want, I thought.  However, we were already running for the party and I knew I better get my butt outside.
I went back the next day to get these jeans that I had fallen in love with.  I thought I needed a 6 but they only had a 4.  I took them to the dressing room anyways and tried them on.  I was able to get them buttoned and had a little muffin top but they're pretty stretchy so I couldn't tell if they just needed to be worn for an hour and then they would be fine.  The other problem- they were too short.  I never have that problem!  I figured I would just go online and buy them.  I scoured the Target website in search for these jeans and couldn't find them anywhere!  Then, I stumbled across an ad in their 'whats hot now' section.  There my pants were! To my dismay the words available only in stores was written below them. 
Not ready to give up just yet, I texted my sister and had her look at her Target for me.  Unfortunately, the smallest size they had was a 10.
Last night I went to Target to get baby formula and decided I should check my jeans just to see if they got any more in.  They had the size my sister needed but they only had a 6 in a teal color.  I figured I could settle on that and took them to the dressing room.  Once again, they were too short!  I couldn't believe it.  I ran out and grabbed a pair of 8's just to see if maybe they would work better.  Once again, they were too short and these ones were also HUGE in the thighs.  Not gonna work. 
As I was checking out with my sister's pants and the formula I noticed something:  the legs of hers were folded up!  Why didn't I think of that?!  This whole time, I didn't realize that these aren't supposed to be pants, they are cropped jeans!  Now I felt like an idiot.  I needed to leave right away to make it to my hair appointment though. 
Tonight, before my softball game (which I'm hoping gets cancelled because its freezing out and looks like rain) I am going to go back to Target to re-try them on, rolled up this time.  When I was talking to my sister about it last night, she brought up a good point.  A lot of Target pants have the issue we refer to as saggy butt- they stretch out throughout the day and by the end of the day, you look like you're wearing a diaper.  No adult female wants to look like she is wearing a diaper!  She suggested I go down a size and just not wash them very often.  So, now I'm going back to Target in hopes that the size 4 of mint jeans hasn't sold.  Otherwise, I'll have to settle on the teal pair in the 6.

Like I mentioned above, I got my hair done last night.  I'm not sure how I feel about it as its the most blonde my hair has ever been.  I cant tell if I don't like it, or if I just need to get used to it.  I'll let you be the judge:
Please don't pay attention to the fact that I have no makeup on.. I woke up late this morning :/
Shirt: The Limited

No comments:

Post a Comment