Thursday, June 14, 2012

30x30

Kate, over at the Small Things Blog as well as her sister, Lauren, at From My Grey Desk are doing this thing called the 30x30 challenge.  What it is: you choose 30 pieces out of your wardrobe and thats all you can wear for a whole MONTH.  At first I thought it seemed pretty simple to do.  Then I realized they were including shoes and jewelry in their count of 30.  The point of this is to force yourself to pair things together and make new outfit combinations out of the clothes that you already own.  Sounds kinda fun, huh?  I want to try to do it but I'm kind of boring.  I've worn the same pair of flip flops on my feet everyday for the past month.  When I dont need to dress up for work and most of my coworkers care more about cows than clothes, its hard to do.  Its so easy for me to get in a slump and go to work with no make up and my hair up in a messy bun.  So, my 30x30 will be a little different.  I am going to, for the next 30 days, actually do my hair and makeup and look presentable.  You're probably reading this thinking 'what the hell have you turned into?  I do that everyday!' I know, I know, its bad!  So this will be my motivation.  And to keep me on track, I will take a picture of myself each day.  This weekend I'll pick out my 30 pieces and start on Monday. 
Also, while I'm at it, I'm not going to spend any money on clothes until August.  That way, if I see something I have to have, I'll have to wait awhile to get it and if I still want it by then, I must really want it.  I tend to be an impulse shopper so hopefully this will help me a lot.  I get really bored at work so I start to online shop.  (But, in my defense, I never ever pay full price for things.  It must be on sale at some level.)  So, throughout my challenge, I'll have to find other websites to occupy my time.  Suggestions of blogs to read are greatly appreciated :)
Have a fabulous day!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Maddie! Thanks for visiting my blog and the tip on the self tanner towelettes. I'm going to check online and probably order some since I am pleased with my "tan". ;)

    Good for you on the 30x30. I also think I am going to partake in the challenge. A little scary for me since I am a shopaholic, so hoping I can be a good girl and stay away from the mall. :)

    As for a list of some good blogs to follow, check out my list on my "Inspiration" tab at the top of my blog. I follow those ladies and get some great inspiration for outfits etc.

    LindsayJEveryday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete