Thursday, June 21, 2012

Highlights of summer










Here's a little update of our summer so far!
Jett loves playing outside!  He literally cries when its time to go in and will just stand at the door looking out the screen door.  He got a new bubble toy from his auntie for his birthday and its one of his favorites. I love how fascinated he is with everyday things and love to watch him discover each day.
I applied self-tanner and minus some areas by my toes, it doesn't look so bad!  Hooray for not being pasty!  And not increasing my risk for skin cancer :)  I used the L'Oreal Paris Sublime Bronze Luminous Bronzer and am seriously IN LOVE!  It gives me the perfect amount of tan and leaves me skin shimmery without looking like I just spilled a bottle of glitter all over me.  I would highly recommend this product.  I bought it at Walgreen's for under $10 and I believe it can also be found at Target, Walmart, etc
Matt stayed home last Friday night with Jett and I was able to go out with my dear friend Britta.  We always have so much fun together and it was nice to go out to the bars since I haven't been there in awhile.  It definitely made me feel old though- and that isn't a feeling I get very often.  I was hungover for about two days afterwards.. so maybe I really am old.
I'm excited to announce my sister and I have opened our very own Etsy shop!  Were so excited about it and hope to be successful in selling our crafts.  Check it out: HERE (http://www.etsy.com/shop/FlutterSisters?ref=ss_profile)
Recently, I bought a pair of True Religion jeans off Ebay.  It seemed like such a great deal that I couldn't pass them up.  They arrived on Monday and to my disappointment, they are way too long.  At first, I was super disappointed.  This is not the first (or second) time I've bought something off Ebay and it didn't fit right.  Its so disappointing because then you cant return it!  I hate getting jeans hemmed because its expensive and I think the bottom looks funny then-  I like the original hem.  While browsing the Internet yesterday at work, I found a tutorial on how to hem jeans and keep the original hem! FOUND HERE  It requires the use of a sewing machine (which I don't have but if someone would like to donate one I would be forever grateful).  However, I did mine by hand.  I did this on a pair of American Eagle jeans that I've had for forever.  They're way too long so I rarely wear them so I figured if I ruined them, no biggy, but if it worked, they could re-enter my wardrobe!  I followed most of her instructions with a few of my own ideas here and there.  I decided to do this at 9:00 at night which probably wasn't my best idea.  I was sitting on my bed and didn't have any pins so instead I folded the jeans and used my hair straightener to iron the fold to get it stay well.  (The epitome of lazy, I'm aware).  I also didn't want to try them on, so I decided an inch and a half sounded good to me.  I didn't take into consider that they were folded so that measurement would be doubled.  Whoopsie.  They are a tad short but not bad- they will be good to wear with either flip flops or winter boots.  It took about half an hour to do and I did it while chatting to my brother on the phone.  It would've been faster if it had my full attention (or if I had a sewing machine of course).  Overall, I'm satisfied with the way it turned out and am ready to try it out on my new True Religion jeans.  Wish me luck and I'll post an update later :)

Have a fabulous day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment