Wednesday, June 20, 2012

What I Made Monday- Lemon Shrimp

I feel like I'm always making very similar foods lately.  It seems as though everything consists of either chicken or noodles, and often a combination of the two.  Having recently discovered my love for shrimp, I thought I would be adventurous and try out a shrimp recipe.  I saw something on Pinterest and decided to use that as the base to my meal.  When making dinner, I don't usually like to follow the recipe exactly- I like to add a few of my own ingredients. 
I got home from work Monday night ready to make my new meal.  However, I had forgotten to put the shrimp in the refrigerator so it was still frozen.  Doing what I do with all frozen meat, I started to put it into the microwave.  Something possessed me to read the bag and it said to thaw frozen shrimp, it should be placed in a bowl of cold water.  Who knew?  Certainly not this girl!  Thank goodness for directions.  Into a bowl of water my shrimp went.  I was surprised at the short amount of time it took for them thaw out!
My shrimp thawing out

While I was waiting for my shrimp to thaw out, I put a little bit of butter into a baking pan and put it into the oven to melt.  While that was melting, I sliced up a lemon.  I then put the shrimp into the pan and added the lemon slices.  I didn't think I had enough butter because it wasn't covering the bottom of the pan so I added a couple more scoops of butter (real healthy, I know).  I then sprinkled with the dish with Italian seasoning, garlic salt, pepper, and a lemon herb spice I found in my cupboard that I didn't realize I even owned.  I don't have measurements for the spices/herbs because I just sprinkled as desired.  I love using different spices in my recipes but you will notice that I rarely use an actual measurement.  
Before it went into the oven

I then stuck my pan into the oven, set at 350 for 15 minutes.  I forgot to take a picture of my end result (I really need to get better at that!) but it was delicious.  I would definitely make this again.  However, I didn't squeeze my lemons and I feel like that would've given it such a better lemon flavor.  I guess I'll have to try that next time- and take a final photo!

Enjoy!







No comments:

Post a Comment