Tuesday, June 19, 2012

June Birchbox

Yesterday was a very long day.  I got home from work exhausted and had barely enough time to get out the door to be on time for Jett's one year pictures.  He wouldn't really cooperate and I have a feeling we didn't get too many good shots.  As soon as we were done with the pictures we had a few errands to run and then went to dinner at Buffalo Wild Wings.  The hostess had given us a kids menu with crayons and while Jett has never really played with crayons before, I didn't have any toys to keep him occupied so we decided to try them out.  Of course, he tried eating them.  As I was trying to fish the tip of the red crayon out of his mouth, our waitress came over to take our order.  I was already feeling kind of flustered since I hadn't had time to look at the menu to decide what I wanted, but little did I know, my dining experience was about to get worse.  With my pointer finger in his mouth, Jett bit down.  HARD.  It took every bit of me not to scream in the middle of the restaurant.  I yanked my finger out and looked down to find it covered in blood.  Yes, he bit me so hard that he drew blood.  And a lot of it at that.  Needless to say, I was ready to get home, crawl under my covers, and sleep for a long time. 
To my surprise though, this lovely pink box was waiting for me on our kitchen table: my June Birchbox!  Even though I was so exhausted, I couldn't go to bed without checking out all my goodies!!  I would say that this birchbox was way better than the first one I got.  After the first one, I contemplated cancelling my birchbox but this erased all those thoughts from my brain. 
This months theme was Jet Setter, which is perfect since I'm going on vacation next week!  Its compiled of 5 items that that will
outlast your next long-haul flight
"My samples this month were:

Comodynes Self-Tanning Intensive

Description:
"This Spanish brand’s genius towelettes are designed to give you uniform all-over color. A bestseller in Europe, they landed on our shores just in time for bikini season. These single-use wipes deliver a natural tan on face and body that’s more intensely bronze than the brand’s regular self tanners. Even so, the formula adjusts to your skin tone, so you don’t have to worry about ending up with an un-matching tan"

My Review:
I really liked these!  I have extremely fair skin that doesn't tan very well.  I've tried spray tans, which I really like, but they are just so dang expensive.  I had been thinking about purchasing a self tanner recently so I was so excited when I saw this!  They didn't leave me looking orange and gave me a natural, streak free tan.  I would definitely purchase these in the future.  I did see that they are cheaper on Amazon, FYI.

Stila One Step Bronze

Description:
"The three-in-one primer, bronzer, and skin perfector addresses our three main concerns: oversized pores, unevenness, and lackluster skintone. Made with a triple helix of bronzing, highlighting, and illuminating pigments, the creamy formula has a mousse-like consistency, and is subtly laced with coppery shimmer"

My Review:
I couldn't believe the size of this baby!  It is not a sample, its the full-size product!  I tried this once, and am not really sure how I feel about it.  It definitely contains a lot of bronzer- almost too much for my preference.  I felt that it made my face look a little orange and didn't blend very well on my neck.  However, I'm not ready to completely write it off- I think it will look much better once I start to get a nice summer tan (or use self-tanner in my case)

Wonderstruck by Taylor Swift
(sorry my picture is upside down for some reason)

Description:
"Eclectic and traditional with whimsical flair, every element of the brand is authentically Taylor."

My Review:
I was excited to finally smell this perfume, being I'm a huge T Swift fan.  I didn't love it, didn't hate it.  In my opinion, it didn't really stand out to me so I don't think I would actually purchase this.



The Balm Cosmetics Stainiac

Description:
"This two-in-one lip and cheek stain gives us a natural, understated flush and helps us get out the door faster. The gel formula looks dark in the tube but delivers a sheer tint."

My Review:
I liked that this went on a lot lighter than it appeared in the tube.  I really liked it on my lips and would actually consider buying it.  I seem to have a preference for stains over lipsticks because I like that they seem to last a lot longer.  It says it can be used on cheeks as well.  I didn't try it on my cheeks and don't think that I will.  My cheeks are naturally flushed and I'm always trying to minimize that. 

peanut Butter Cookie Luna Bar

Description:
 Each [bar] has just under 200 calories and is full of the nutrients your body needs, including calcium, folic acid, iron and vitamin D.

My Review:
While I've never had this particular flavor, I've had Luna bars before and they're really tasty!  I plan to save this little treat for my flight next week :)






No comments:

Post a Comment