Monday, October 15, 2012

New Hair

For a very long time, I've been wanting to cut my hair short.  First, I was waiting to do it after my wedding.  However, that was 6 months ago.  I scoured Pinterest looking for inspiration but its so hard for me to look at pictures of someone else and imagine how their hairstyle would look on me.  Also, I hate taking a picture into a stylist with the hopes of leaving looking like it, because it never happens and then disappointment sets in.  Unless you have the exact same hair texture and color, its going to look different.  And, who wants to look exactly like someone else?! I sure don't!
Last Tuesday, I had a hair appointment.  I seriously go to the best hair stylist ever.  I love that I finally found someone that I have so much confidence in.  It sounds silly, but hair is such an important component in the way we look that its scary to completely change it!  Yes, I know that hair grows back, but that can take a long time!
I told Brittany that I wanted my hair just past my shoulders, able to be put into a ponytail, and lots of layers.  I also told her I wanted to dye it dark brown, close to my natural color. 
 Originally, I wanted to dye my hair myself.  After posting about it on facebook though, my friends convinced me out of it this time.  One of my gal pals that is a hair stylist informed me that because my highlights were so light, there was a possibility that they would turn green.  Gross.  So, I left it up to Brittany to give me brown hair, not green.  Dying hair is so expensive and I'm looking for ways to save money now that I'm not only a college student, but also a mother.  Lately it seems like my money is spent on bills and that's it.  Therefore, the task of keeping up highlights just isn't an option for me anymore.  Once I'm done with school and working, I would like to go back to them, I just need a cheaper option for right now. 
My hair had to be dyed a little darker than I had hoped but Brittany assured me that this is only temporary.  She said it needed to be darker since its so light, it will fade real bad in about a week.  Honestly, I cant wait for that fading to happen.  From now on I'm going to dye my hair myself, now that its all one uniform color. 
Honestly, I was terrified to chop my hair.  I thought about it all day, playing that game in mind where 2 voices in my head talk about it back and forth.  I knew that before I thought about it too much , my hair needed to be cut.  For the record, I love it.  Its such a nice change and I will definitely appreciate the fact that it will take way less time to style.
I do look quite different though.  At first, I felt like I was a spy in hiding or something.  I went to pick my son up from daycare that day and he gave me the strangest look, it was so cute.  You could tell he was like "you sound like my mommy but you don't look like her!"
Anyways, I'm rambling.  Time for some pictures:

No comments:

Post a Comment