Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Workin on my Fitness

Happy Wednesday to you :)
After my wedding (almost 6 months ago) I went on a workout hiatus.  Pretty much stopped working out completely.  It's bad.  I just no longer have any motivation!!
Everyday, I tell myself tomorrow will be the day I'll start working out, but it never happened.  Last week, as I was getting dressed, I reached my breaking point.  I could barely button my jeans!  (I can hardly believe I'm confessing this to the world!)
I have some friends who are BeachBody trainers and have purchased some of their programs.  I really enjoyed Brazilian Butt Lift but to be honest, my butt is not the part of my body that needs to be targeted.  I got TurboFire as a gift from my husband last mother's day.  This program is not cheap.  At all.  But all my friends had been raving about how awesome it is and that the time goes by so fast because you actually enjoy doing the workout.  I tried it once and hated it.  I tried it again last week, and still hated it.  My friend told me I just needed to keep doing it and I would get the hang of it.  Feeling discouraged, I took her advice.  I wanted soo badly to like this.  Unfortunately, I still hate it.  I should back up a step and explain why I hate it:  I cant keep up.  It is way too "dance-y" for me.  In high school, I was always into sports, but I was never into girly things like dancing.  Frankly, I have no rhythm and no matter how hard I try, my body wont move like its supposed to!  So here I would be, standing in front my TV, watching the moves, but unable to do them myself.  I would finally figure it out, and the girl would be onto something else.  For me, this was soo frustrating!!
I had a revelation the other day.  I realized why I ha vent been working out: I don't like BeachBody programs. and that's okay!  So many people love them, but surely I'm not the first person to admit that I hate them.  There are so many girls in this town that are doing them and promoting them though, that I felt like I had to do them.  I forgot that there are a million other ways to exercise.  I took my dislike for these programs and turned it into a dislike for working out. 
I always have a hard time knowing what exactly to do for exercise and like to have someone to lead me, which is why I chose to go with TV programs in the first place.  I've printed out a couple different workouts online and will be trying those. 
My dear friend, Emily, works at PureBarre and I want soo badly to try that.  I am so eager to jump on bandwagons!  I am the person infomercials are targeted at: talk about something for 10 minutes and you've got me hooked, I want it!  I'm so hesitant to buy a DVD though because I don't want it to be a waste of money like TurboFire was. 
I've listed my TurboFire on EBay and told myself once it sells, I can buy something else with the money.  Until then, I'll continue with my printouts.  I feel like at least I'm on the right track now though because it doesn't really matter what you're doing as long as you're moving!!

No comments:

Post a Comment