Monday, April 9, 2012

The Beginning


There are many fabulous parts of my life that lead me to feel extremely blessed.  My job definately not being one of them.  While I make very good money for the type of work I do and where I live and I absolutely adore my co-workers (most of them anyways), I'm surprised I haven't died of boredom.  It is seriously killing me slowly.  Lucky for me, the end is near (but thats a story for a later date).
Let's start with a little about me.  I'm a 24 year old gal that enjoys the finer things in life.  I recently had my first child (10 months ago to be exact) and I adore him to pieces.  He is so stinkin cute he should be a model.  I'm not being biased- he REALLY is that cute!  And he's starting to get a personality as well finally.  I can already tell this one is going to keep me on my toes :)  Then, there's my fiance, Matthew.  Oh, where to even begin with him.  We met when I was 18 and our relationship has had enough drama to be its own soap opera.  The drama is finally behind us and we are getting married on 4/19/12!! Its so exciting and overwhelming at the same time but I've never been happier.
Back to myself- I graduated from Minnesota State University Mankato with a degree in Community Health.  This is why I'm obsessed with everything health/fitness related.  I'm constantly reading blogs and magazines, looking for new work outs to try out.  Right now I'm doing the Brazilian Butt Lift.  After I got over the strange name (and the constant making-fun-of that Matt provided), I really really like it. I grew up in a suburb outside of Minneapolis, MN before I attended college.  I moved back there after graduation and realized it wasnt the place for me.  While I loved being so close to so many malls (who wouldnt?!) it was just too big for me and I felt lost.  I was teaching preschool at the time and Matt lived in South Dakota,about 4 hours away.  I figured if we were ever going to make this relationship really work, we would have to live in at least the same city and there was nothing really holding me in the cities.  So in September 2010, I took a chance and moved to Watertown SD.  I think in life, everything happens for a reason.  There is a reason why Matt and I were so drawn to each other, and a reason for why I moved away from everything that was comfortable to me.  It hasnt always been easy- there have been many times when I was so homesick and missed all my friends so bad that I didnt think I could do it much longer.  But the way I see it, home is where your family is.  And right now my family is in South Dakota.  And I'm okay with that.  Maybe we wont always live here, maybe we will.  But wherever my life takes me, I am definately ready for the ride!
Through my looong boring hours at work, I became a facebook junkie.  I swear, I had seen every photo in every album that was ever posted. Even of people I hadnt seen since I had graduated high school. And then finally, (thank God!) that became old.   My new love became Pinterest. I could look at that stuff for hours!  I would find all these fun new recipes that I couldn't wait to go home and attempt to cook!  I would look at food for so long that I would become starving two hours before it was time to eat lunch!  One day, when I was looking for a hairstyle that would be easy enough for me to do myself the day of my wedding, I came across a picture of a cute little blond girl.  I clicked on to a tutorial and it brought me to her blog.  Its called 'the small things' by Kate Bryan and most definitely worth checking out!  I loved reading all her posts so much that I thought to myself 'why don't I do this?'
So, that brings us to the present.  So here I am, without much knowledge on blogging, startng my very own blog.  Its all very exciting to me.  A few topics I intend to write about are:
•parenting
•cooking
•fitness
•fashion
•hair
•planning my wedding
•buying a house
•decorating
•attending school
•my amazing friends (and the rare times I get to spend with them)

I hope you enjoy what you read and maybe even come across some tips to try on your own, but mostly, I hope you enjoy my story!  Thanks for making a stop on my page and I hope you visit again soon :)
My Little man (upper)- and yes, he does have toys.. pots are just so much more exciting.  Matthew and I celebrating St Patrick's Day

No comments:

Post a Comment