Friday, April 27, 2012

Wedding

I haven't posted for a few days because I was gone for my wedding!!!  Matt and I got married last Thursday aboard a Carnival Cruise ship.  I was a little nervous that it wouldn't be what I had pictured in mind and that I wouldn't like it.  However, everything went smoothly and we really enjoyed it!  When we arrived to the port, we were able to move to the very front of the line and check in right away, where the wedding coordinator was waiting for us.  She then led my family and I to my room where I changed and got ready for the ceremony.  She then met me at the room when it was time to go and led me to the where the ceremony was.  Everything went off without a hitch and it was awesome.  The one problem we encountered was that they didn't have the song we had chosen for our first dance so instead we danced to "Marry Me" by Train.  With that being the one thing that went wrong, I'll take it!  We had a nice spread of food and it seemed that everyone enjoyed themselves.  After the reception, we were taken by the photographer to various locations around the ship to take pictures.  Then, we had to meet in our muster area (where we would go if something were to go wrong on the ship) and had to do some practice drills.  It was extremely hot and I felt like everyone was staring at us.  It was a little uncomfortable.  I had originally planned on staying in my dress for the whole night but after the muster drill, I was ready to get out of that thing!  I'm looking forward to being able to put it on one more time for our reception next weekend.  We are having a dance for our family and friends that weren't able to attend the wedding at a hotel.  It will be pretty casual, were only serving hors d'uerves and its pretty much just a chance to get both of our families together!  It should be a good time!
My sister is in the works of starting a party planning business and she is just awesome at everything involved in planning a party.  From the organization aspect to the decorations, she is a genius! She made these really cool pomander balls for the bridesmaids at our wedding since we couldn't use real flowers.  Aren't they neat?! I could never in a million years make something like that!  We've also made a couple more decorations for the reception and I cant wait to get it all set up!  Here are a couple pictures of the decorations I have so far.  What do you think?  I'm such a perfectionist and had such an idea in my head of how I wanted everything to look that I just had to make all the decorations.  Had I purchased them, I don't think that would look quite like I had envisioned.  Would you prefer to make your own decorations or is it too much hassle?

The "I DO" will obviously be turned so that its going the right direction.  I'm just not computer savvy enough to figure out how to do that.  Anyways, this will be propped up on the gift table.  The picture to the right is slightly difficult to see (and don't mind my multiple wine glasses) but its a blue wine bottle with seashells hanging down and the top is wrapped in twine.  I plan to set these out among the food tables.  The last picture is a little project I found on Pinterest, my absolute favorite site!  I dyed mason jars blue, put a ribbon around the top, and put a bow in the middle with a rhinestone in the center.  I am planning on putting sea glass in the bottom of the mason jars, filling them with water, and putting a floating candle in them.  These jars will go on the tables.  We were able to get a really good deal on a DJ and he seems like a really cool guy so I'm excited about that!  He has these neat up-lights that will illuminate the walls so that should brighten the place up.  All in all, I'm pretty excited for the reception.  It sounds pretty negative but, I'm kind of excited for it all to be over as well.  I'm ready for life to return to normal and not have to worry about all this planning.  However, my mind can never rest so after the wedding planning, we will move onto planning to buy a house!  How exciting, and of course I will fill you in with all the details :)



No comments:

Post a Comment